Just putting it out there: but I really wouldn’t mind capturing another Venue TwentyTwo wedding! The space is full of floor-to-ceiling windows that are overlooking the Chateau Laurier and Parliament buildings. Because of this, the room is filled with light. As the sun goes down, you get a glow across the whole reception space. Coupled with a candle-lit dinner and plenty of florals, Melanie and Alex’s spring wedding here was wonderfully warm and an absolute pleasure to photograph.
Last Spring, I captured Melanie’s brother’s wedding just down the road at the National Arts Centre, and it was so nice to see their whole family again gathering for another celebration downtown. Alex and Melanie made it almost impossible for us not to shed a few tears through the day. First of all, the first look was full of tears from the start (which always gets me). And secondly, their speeches – in particularly Alex’s speech – which had the whole room crying with laughter.
Above all, this Westin wedding was an amazing day with amazing people – which is all I can really ask for! Thanks for having us Melanie & Alex – you’re wonderful!
In case you were wondering, here are some of the amazing vendors who worked to make this wedding as beautiful as it was:
- Venue – Venue TwentyTwo wedding at the Westin Hotel.
- Planner – Toast Events
- Photo location – Ottawa Art Gallery.
- Photographer – Agatha Rowland & Liam Rowland.
- Cake – Serendipity Cakes by Olivia.
- Hair Stylist — Showpony.
- Make-up Artist – Klava Zykova.
- Decor & Florals – The Design Co..
- DJ – Quality Entertainment.
- Officiant – Canon William Fairlie.
- Rentals & Decor – Wedecor.
- Stationary – LaFabère.